www.law.edu/2017-Spring/2017-0309-RasheedNationalJurist.cfm Veda Rasheed, law student, was profiled in The National Jurist magazine as Mid-Atlantic Law Student of the Year. See below.

CUA Law Student Veda Rasheed (3E) Selected as a Law Student of the Year by The National Jurist Magazine

From: The National Jurist Date: March 17, 2017

Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law (CUA Law) student Veda Rasheed (3E) was recently selected as the Mid-Atlantic Law Student of the Year by The National Jurist magazine. National Jurist honored 5 students throughout the country who have excelled in the classroom and beyond in their Spring 2017 magazine. An additional 20 finalists were profiled on their website.

The students selected have attempted to right wrongs and fight for society's most vulnerable, all while tackling law school. Rasheed has worked tirelessly to make her southwest Washington, D.C., neighborhood safer and has no intention of moving after she completes her law degree. Last summer she organized a Stop the Violence, Increase the Peace rally.

"I like to advocate," she said. "I want to improve my neighborhood. My family is here. My friends are here."

> Continue reading.