Michael Pakaluk's remarks to the Massachusetts Caucus at the March for Life were published in the Boston Pilot. See below.

OVERTURNING ROE V WADE

From: Boston Pilot Date: Feb. 3, 2017Author: Michael Pakaluk

My first car was an AMC Matador made in 1973. Perhaps because Matador means "killer," and Roe was decided in 1973, I couldn't help associating the two and used to joke that I would drive that car until Roe was reversed.

Given that the car was a near antique when I got it, and AMCs were hardly known for quality, it was a very optimistic resolution. But that's how people in the pro-life movement used to think. The country, we thought, would quickly throw off this decision so at odds with its great aspirations.

Many years later things appear not so simple. Nonetheless we are perhaps closer than ever to a reversal.

Here three things need to be considered: public sentiment; legislative action; and the consciences of Supreme Court justices.

Lincoln once said: "With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it, nothing can succeed. Consequently, he who molds public sentiment goes deeper than he who enacts statutes or pronounces decisions. He makes statutes and decisions possible or impossible to be executed." ...

> Continue reading.