John White published commentary in New York Daily News on the pride we're losing in our president. See below.

Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump and the pride we're losing in our President

From: New York Daily News Date: Feb. 5, 2017Author: John K. White

In May 1981, Ronald Reagan gave a commencement address at the University of Notre Dame. Recovering from a near-fatal gunshot wound suffered two months earlier, Reagan received a raucous welcome. On stage, the former actor was reunited with co-star Pat O'Brien, who played the lead in the 1940 movie "Knute Rockne: All American."

In that film, Reagan played George Gipp, the young football player who died at an early age. The movie created an indelible image that remained with Reagan for the rest of his life.

Reagan recalled the dying words he uttered as the dying Gipper to Coach Rockne in the movie: "Some time, Rock, when the team's up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one more for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy." Inspired by the story, the Notre Dame football team beat Army after Coach Rockne repeated those words to a team once torn apart by jealousy and factionalism. ...

> Continue reading.

Read more about White's expertise.