Jan. 21, 2016
Catholic University to Close at Noon Friday, Jan. 22
Dear Campus Community,In light of the weather forecast for the Washington, D.C., area, The Catholic University of America will open at the regular time Friday, Jan. 22, but we will close at noon. Please continue to check the University home page ( www.cua.edu ), Facebook , and Twitter for updates.Following is important information related to the early closing tomorrow.
- Classes starting at 11:10 a.m. will meet as usual, but they will end at noon.
- Because Friday is the last day of the drop-add period for spring semester classes, drop-add will be extended to 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25.
- Resident decal parking holders should move their cars to the lower level of the Columbus School of Law parking garage on Friday starting at 9 a.m. so the Office of Facilities Operations can be ready to start clearing snow from surface lots. This also applies to all vehicles parked in snow emergency routes including the McMahon Hall lot.
- The John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library will close at noon Friday. It will be closed Saturday. Please check the libraries website (www.libraries.cua.edu) for updates about hours of operation on Sunday.
- Dining Services will cease operations at 10 p.m. Friday. They will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- The Department of Public Safety will remain open.
- The early closing will not impact plans for the March for Life, which is scheduled for Friday.
- The shuttle service will run until only noon tomorrow morning. There will be no shuttle service Friday or Saturday.
- All classes scheduled to meet Saturday are cancelled.
- The schedule remains the same for Masses on campus Sunday, Jan. 24.
- Office of Public Affairs